- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dutch process cocoa powder, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup sour milk
- 1 cup freshly brewed strong black coffee
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
– PROCESS –
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter a bundt pan and dust the inside with cocoa powder, set aside.
- Sift together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixer on low add the milk, coffee, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla one at a time. mix until everything is incorporated. Then, with the mixer still on low speed, slowly add in the dry ingredients. Once all of the flour mixture is added, mix the batter for a full four minutes on medium speed.
- Then, pour the batter into the bundt pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Allow to cool to room temperature on a wire rack. Then, dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Recipe provided by Kelsey Banfield at Food52, photo by James Ransom.